Thrive is an online whole school training package that allows you to deliver the training on days and at times that suit your busy school schedule.
Once purchased you have lifetime access to Thrive 22 which means you can use it and re-use it as a training resource for your school.
Thrive 22 whole school autism course is an invaluable resource for your school and will equip you and your staff to create a Neurodiversity-affirming approach to your Autistic pupils.
As it has been designed and delivered by Autistic trainers you will get important insights into the Autistic experience as well as expertise, advice and strategies.
Embrace Neurodiversity and make your school Neurodiversity informed today
Thrive Program supports you to make a truly inclusive environment in your school so that your Autistic pupils can thrive.
The Thrive program is a whole school program which educates all school staff, peers and parents.
Outdated concepts of autism can unfortunately create environments where Autistic pupils struggle. Autistic children have difficulty being accepted as they are, being understood and in having their needs met.
Many Autistic pupils are barely surviving school these days. We can make some very simple changes that will make a massive difference to your school and to the lives of Autistic children.
We are also very conscious of school budgets and so all of our solutions and strategies are realistic and very easily employed. It all starts with how you understand and interact with Autistic pupils in your school.
So let’s stop merely surviving and lets’ get thriving!
Thrive 22 Whole School Package
Thrive online program includes:
- 5 x 1 hour training videos for staff
- 1 x 1 hour video for parents
- 1 x Include program for peers
Staff training course content:
- An introduction to Neurodiversity
- What autism is and is not, a look at co-occuring mental health and medical conditions.
- Sensory Processing
- Stimming: Movement and Learning
Our Thrive Program aims to remove some of those challenges experienced by Autistic children. Here are just some of the reasons why schools need THRIVE 22:
- Autistic kids are included
- Pupils learn acceptance
- Holistic approach taken to whole school community
- Autistic Perspective and experience given proper consideration
- Up-to-date expertise, advice and strategies that really work
- Create a truly inclusive environment for ALL pupils
- Understand your Autistic pupils and learn how to meet their actual needs
- Learn about Neurodiversity and become a neuro-affirming school
- Autism myths busted
- Learn what’s causing ‘behavioural issues’ and address appropriately
- Not based on outdated studies, approaches or damaging therapies,
- We are Autistic ourselves so we actually understand what life is like for Autistic pupils,
How to use the Thrive 22 program
Some schools have asked us how they should use the Thrive program, so here we go through the ideal training pathway:
5 x 1hr sessions for staff
- Ideally staff should do the training together or in groups. This is because there are opportunities for group discussion throughout the training.
- Staff should do the 5 x 1hr modules spread out over 5 sessions – 1hr for the training video and allow 30mins extra to discuss per session. Alternatively you can choose to do the staff training sessions over 2 days. For example: day 1 cover modules 1-3 plus time for group discussion (4.5hrs), day 2 cover modules 4-5 plus time for group discussion (3hrs).
- Another possibility, if gathering staff for training is an issue, is to send the training to individual staff members to do in their own time. You can then arrange 2 x 1hr sessions for group discussion once everyone has completed the training sessions, this could be done in-person or online. If the discussion sessions are difficult to organise, then you can ask each attendee to submit a feedback form covering what they have learned in each session.
- Again, it’s preferable to invite parents to watch the parents video as a group at your school, or arrange to show it on Zoom. Allow time for discussion afterwards.
- You can share the slides with your staff prior to training commencing.
- Slides can also be used and shared as a separate useful visual resource.
- Our Include program is also part of your Thrive Program. Instructions are included in the book.
- Include covers 10 x 1hr lesson plans which should be delivered over 10 weeks.
- Read more about our Include Primary School program here. Our Secondary School Program is currently being completed and will be ready in October 2023
What do others say about AUsome Training?
WHY CHOOSE THRIVE?
- We’re Autistic-led
2. We’re neuro-affirming
3. We celebrate Neurodiversity
4. Rights-based approach
5. Most up to date course available
6. Strength’s based approach
7. Award-winning trainers
8. Trauma- informed