Many times, we’ve been approached by organisations who really want to include Autistic people but don’t know where to start. The idea is that Neurodiversity Training is all about making accommodations and this is true to some extent. AUsome Training can help your organisation to attract and promote Autistic talent. Creating an inclusive workplace begins with a cultural change and by creating a place of Acceptance and understanding which will attract Autistic talent and unlock the amazing potential your Autistic employees and managers can bring to your organisation.
Autistic people are creative thinkers, natural problem solvers and brilliant at spotting patterns or issues with patterns. We are able to hyper focus and become experts in our fields of interest. We are a huge asset to any organisation.
So how do we create a welcoming and inclusive environment in the workplace? We begin by looking at the culture and the current understanding of Autistic people. Every change we make will stem from a new appreciation for the Autistic person inspired by AUsome Training.
Communication is key in any organisation and communication begins with thought, so we need to change how we think about Autistic people. There are many myths and misinformation about Autistic people. Some people think that we lack empathy or have communication deficits. The fact is that none of this is true and AUsome Neurodiversity Training will equip you and your organisation with the knowledge that you need to make those positive changes.
Our tailored training includes:
- One to one consultations.
- A unique program designed to suit your organisation’s needs
- Virtual training sessions for HR departments, line managers, diversity and inclusion managers.
- Virtual training for all employees and management.
Virtual Training Sessions include:
- Creating and Managing Cultural Changes
- Advertising job opportunities
- Designing an Autistic informed interview process
- Interpersonal Communication
- Departmental Communication
- Organisational Communication
- Evaluating the physical environment
- Evaluating the social environment